School visits are a great way for children and schools to become more waste wise
Our Waste and Water Education Officer is available to support early childhood centres and primary and secondary schools to deliver education activities including but not limited to:
- Assisting with setting up a school Waste Reduction Management Plan.
- Assisting students in conducting waste audits.
- Planning activities to meet curriculum outcomes.
- Providing guided tours of the Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre.
- Running activities at “green” days or school community events e.g. fetes.
- Giving presentations on a range of waste-related topics.
- Offering advice on in-school education campaigns.
If you’d like to know more or book our Waste and Water Education Officer to come to your school, phone 1300 87 83 87.
Image: Nimbin Central School sort out their bins – step one towards a Waste Management Plan.